Thursday, March 24, 2011

Diary Entry 51: Saigon, Tuesday Night, 31 August 1965

                                                                                                      Saigon
                                                                                                     Tuesday Night, 31 August 1965

   
Got caught in the monsoon on the way in and got pretty soaked.  Changed clothes right away as want to be sure to avoid getting a cold.  Been lucky with keeping myself well so far and want to continue.

Maybe work is getting better as we finished up tonight at 7:30.  The additional people I got in sure have taken a lot of work off my shoulders.  There is still plenty to do, but don’t seem to be rushing so much to get it done.  Sure hope everything is finally under control now.

Need to go to the PX and commissary to replenish my supplies of food, toothpaste, hair oil, etc.  Will try to get an hour off tomorrow to do that.  Like to keep a pretty good supply of food on hand as most nights I just prefer to eat something here.

The maid has been out sick for the last 2 days, so I now have to pick up after myself around the place, empty ashtrays, sweep the floor, etc.  Hope she gets well before I have to start washing my own clothes!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment